Flexo of ConsumerismCommentary has asked people to share their financial goals for 2007. Since writing down goals is one of the best way to improve the odds of it being accomplished I thought it would make a good post - so here goes:
- Save $10k in an high interest bank account or mutual fund as an emergency fund.
- Continue to fully fund Roth IRA's for myself and my wife
- Start 401k accounts up the match provided by the employer
- Max out my contribution to my Health Savings Account as well as invest that money
- Pay down wife's school loan (I should have a more specific amount here but at this time I am not sure what).
- No credit card debt
- Make an extra payment on mortgage
- Get a better picture of our money flow
- Give more money to charity (again I should have a specific amount in mind)
I probably have more goals I want to accomplish but most of those are at least in reach especially for the New Year. At this point I reserve the right to add goals but not remove them. During the year I'll try to post an update of my progress and at the end of the year examine what has been accomplished, what hasn't, and why.
Anyway, thoughts and comments are welcomed. I would also encourage your to post your goals and perhaps we can approach this together.